A powerful research tool for the serious or casual visitor.
Home > Neighboring Towns > Savage (formerly Hamilton), Lakeville and Shakopee Minnesota

Most viewed - Savage (formerly Hamilton), Lakeville and Shakopee Minnesota
out_of_liquor_business.pdf
Dan Patch Liquor Store to close 2016195 viewsThe Savage Pacer May 14, 2016 reports on the decision to close the long running Dan Patch Liquor Store in downtown Savage and enter into an agreement with Hy-Vee to lease the space in their store to operate the municipal liquor business. (4 pages)
old_savage_bridge.jpg
The Savage bridge 1960s173 viewsThis bridge was between Savage and Bloomington.
oncedowntwon.JPG
Downtown Savage - now 2017170 viewsThe Bank, Allen's Garage were found within the area shown in this photo of Downtown Savage.
old_shakopee_1900s.jpg
Downtown Shakopee 1900s168 viewsHamilton later Savage Minnesota is in Scott County, it's county seat Shakopee. For those in Burnsville living near Judical Road and the Hamilton, Glendale, Savage residents, Shakopee provided the "big" city opportunities.
oster~0.pdf
Oster's job with the railroad lasted nearly a half a century160 viewsThe Minnesota Valley Review (later Burnsville Sun) shares the story of Charles Oster who lived to the ripe old age of 82 and nearly
50 years of that lifespan working for the railroad. About 1952 he became depot agent in Savage and remained in that capacity until 1970 when he retired.
Overlooking_Savage.jpg
International Stock Farm and a view of Savage 1908152 viewsThe International Stock Food Farm and Savage Minnesota in the distance. This great farm of over 700 acres is the home of Dan Patch and many others among world champion horses. This farm is owned by M.W. Savage, president of Dan Patch Electric Railroad Company and is the most noted harness horse breeding farm in the world. The only way to quickly and conveniently visit this great farm from Minneapolis and St. Paul will be on the Dan Patch Electric Railroad. As thousands visit this farm every year it will be a source of great revenue to the Road. Source of photo - the Dan Patch Electric Railroad informational brochure 1908.
Original_village_hall.JPG
Savage Village Hall139 viewsThe original Village Hall for Savage photo 1920s.
Orchard_Lake_Sat__Jun_19__1926_~0.jpg
Summer homes at Orchard Lake 1926137 viewsAlthough in Lakeville, Orchard Lake is minutes away from the Orchard Garden's area of Burnsville. June 19, 1926 Minneapolis Star Tribune.
Outdoor_sign_for_Buffalo_Tap_and_Grill.jpg
Buffalo Tap and Grill 137 viewsLocated at 4990 W 123rd Street, it has operated for many years. Once known as Earl and Dorothy's.
old_savage_bank.JPG
Guns and Ammo in the original Savage State Bank 2018133 viewsGuns and Ammo is located in the original Savage State Bank.
Once_the_Main_Street_of_Savage.JPG
Downtown Savage late fall126 viewsNow, 2019 West 123rd Street, Downtown Savage. This was location of the first bank, later becoming the library and Allen's Dodge.
Old_Savage_bank.JPG
Original bank building in Savage125 viewsOne of the oldest original buildings in Savage, first the bank, then the Glendale Village Hall, later the first Savage library, then a bank, a bike shop and now a gun business. Location - 4815 W 123rd St, Savage.
19541540kearneystoresavage.jpg
Kearney Grocery, Savage with new exterior115 viewsKearney Grocery Store, downtown Savage, owned by Gene and Mary Kearney, as it looked in 1954.
1888_George_Allen_house.JPG
George Allen House built 1888107 viewsThe house was built by George Allen in 1888 who died of pneumonia during the building process. The home remained in the Allen family until 1908, when it was purchased by the McColl family, who owned it until 1984.
19160260savage_mansion.jpg
Marion Savage Summer Home 1916104 viewsLocated in Bloomington, it overlooked Marion Savage's stables in"Savage". Shown are Rose, Henry, Rosella, Mary and Esther Sheridan.
1954interior3.jpg
Interior of the Kearney Grocery, Savage Minnesota102 views1954 - Interior of the Kearney Grocery store, Savage Minnesota.
1904-6savage-minnesota-rive.jpg
Flooded Savage early 1900s101 viewsThe Minnesota River over its banks at the Savage bridge...the Taj Mahal in the background...which was the site of the Dan Patch stables. The whole valley is covered in water.
19450030kearneystore.jpg
Exterior of the Kearney Store Savage 99 viewsA slightly different angle showing the Kearney Grocery Store, Savage.
1915georgeandjoekearney.jpg
George and Joe Kearney at Savage depot 191599 viewsGeorge holding his son "George Joseph" Kearney at the Savage Depot. This station has been moved twice from its original location. In 1973 it was moved to Murphy's Landing in Shakopee and then it was moved back to Savage in 2006. The book "The Chicago And Northwestern In Minnesota" (Luecke, 1990) claims this station was built in 1883.
19540150women_dad_patch_days.jpg
1954 Dan Patch Days99 viewsBETTY OSTER, MARY KEARNEY & KATHYRN MCQUISTON IN COSTUME.
1954interior2.jpg
Shopping at Kearney's in Savage96 viewsInterior photo of Kearney's Grocery in Savage, Mn. Owned and operated by Gene and Mary Kearney.
1954.
1910BaseballTeamjpeg.jpg
1909 and 1910 Savage Pacers Baseball Team96 viewsLeft to right first row - Fred Coakley, Tom Duffy, Andy Studer, Norm Dahlberg and Tom Fahey. Second row - Mark McDonald, George
Allen Sr., Ernie Sanderson, George Coakley and Mike Zeller.
19541290geneandmaryinstore.jpg
Gene and Mary Pat Kearney at their store in Savage95 viewsKearney Grocery Store owners Gene and Mary in Savage 1954.
19060010savagepost.jpg
94 viewsPicture postcard for Savage Minnesota including: St John the Baptist Catholic Church, Dan Patch and the Dan Patch stables.
19450020elikearneyhome.jpg
Eli Kearney home93 viewsLocated in downtown Savage near the present St. John the Baptist school.
1950kearneystore.jpg
Exterior of the Kearney Grocery Store, Savage, MN.92 views1950 - The Kearney Grocery Store owned and operated by Gene and Mary Kearney in downtown Savage.
19641910kearneyvariety.JPG
Kearney's V Store91 viewsOwned by Gene and Mary Kearney, located in Downtown Savage. Next to the Variety Store was their grocery store. - 1960s.
antlers-park_depot_dan_patch_depot.jpg
Antler's Park Lakeville91 viewsThe Dan Patch depot .In order to attract a multitude of passengers [to his Dan Patch Railroad, Marion] Savage put Antler’s Park on the map [named in allusion to the former abundance of deer in this region]. It was located on the southeast shore of Prairie Lake [renamed Lake Marion in honor of Savage], and contained summer homes and facilities for picnics, boating, swimming, fishing, hunting and dancing. The excursion trains to Antler’s Park were always very crowded. Those who remember riding these crowded trains remember the good times both on the ride and in the park.
1954danpatch_parade.jpg
Dan Patch Days 195491 viewsThe Kiddie parade during the 1954 Dan Patch Days.
Connelly_maybe_farm.jpg
The O'Brien farm in Savage91 viewsFrom Will Williams:

I am quite sure the photo is of the O'Brien farm in Savage. It makes sense it would be in Betty Sodomka's photos since her mother was an O'Brien. My Dad would always take us to pick wild plums along their driveway which entered from highway 13-now CSAH 27.

I also hunted ducks back towards Mccolls Lake which their land abutted about where the ELC is now. The three O'Brien boys were quite an interesting trio. Frenchie, Ed ,and Tom.
1192 files on 40 page(s) 1