A powerful research tool for the serious or casual visitor.
Home > Neighboring Towns > Savage(formerly Hamilton), Lakeville and Shakopee Minnesota

Christiana Huddleston profileJanuary 21, 1976 Burnsville Sun profiles Christina Huddleston who is closing her store on County Road 5 in Lakeville, open since 1923.
Christina Huddleston store owner 1976 photo of Christina Huddleston as she closes her store in Lakeville (Orchard Lake). January 1976 Dakota County Tribune photo.
Savage Depot soldFrom the collection of Marian Bohn - Savage Depot sold to Murphy's Landing and being moved to Shakopee. November 8, 1974.
Savage Depot sold
Annie Allen - music is important to her lifeFrom the scrapbook of Marian Allen 1972 - A profile of life long resident Annie McQuiston Allen and her love of music.
John ConnellyThe John Connelly farm, Savage. He grew up in Burnsville, brother to the many Connelly's known to Burnsville.
City of LakevilleA plaque tells the history of the Fire Hall - Village Hall of Lakeville.
Savage Fire Station 1973Savage fire hall 1973. Before Burnsville had a fire department, many fire calls were serviced by Savage.
Savage Firehall 1973Savage Firehall when downtown, 1973.
Exterior of Savage libraryJanuary 23, 1974 Shakopee Valley News - funds still sought for new Savage Library. This building was originally the Savage bank.
Savage's first library siteUndated clipping - Burnsville Sun showing the Savage Library. This building was originally the Savage Bank.
Gretta McColl remembered 1985Burnsville Current, February 11, 1985: Scott County and Savage lost one of their oldest residents when Margaret McColl (Gretta) died January 19 at the age of 91.
Ray Egan retires from Post OfficeFrom the April 1985 Marion Bohn Scrapbooks: After 31 years of delivering mail in Burnsville and Savage, Ray Egan retires.
Ray Egan retires from Post OfficeBurnsville Current April 8, 1985: Ray Egan retires after 31 years of delivering mail to Savage and Burnsville.
Ray Egan retires from Post OfficeApril 8, 1985 Burnsville Current: Ray Egan retires after 31 years of delivering mail in Savage and Burnsville.
Savage's track Minnesota's first 1985 News story from Marian Bohn's scrapbooks: Joe Egan shares the story of M.W.Savage building a track and stables for his horses including Dan Patch in Savage,
Remembering Hidden ValleyA 1979 Sun Newspaper clipping from the scrapbook of Marian Bohn recalls the popular Hidden Valley picnic area in Savage.
Margaret Duffy, 87 diesFrom the 1977 - 1978 Marian Bohn Scrapbook: Margaret Duffy, who was Savage's first telephone operator has died.
Downtown Savage 1930'sPhotos from years gone by... Burnsville Sun remembers Downtown Savage 1930's.
Downtown Savage 1930Downtown Savage in the late 1930s.
Savage BarbersJanuary 6, 1966 Ray Wagener along with Jens Bohn and Jim Visnovec are Savage's barbers. Eventually Jens and Jim will open their own Shop in Savage, the Razors Edge.
Razors Edge Barbers open 1967Jens Bohn and Jim Visnovec open Razors Edge in Savage. September 7, 1967. It is housed in the once Garvey Store, orginally the Berrisford Store in Burnsville.
The restored Savage depotOriginally in Savage, then moved to Murphy's Landing in Shakopee, the depot was returned to Savage and restored and operates as a cafe and coffee shop. Address: 4800 W 123rd St, Savage, MN 55378
Razor's Edge/Berrisford StoreRazors Edge Barbershop, Savage. Once the Berrisford Store (when in Burnsville) and the Garvey Store in Savage. Photo 2015.
Dan Patch Savage Bridge 1973The Savage Bridge between Savage and Bloomington 1973.
Dan Patch American Legion Post 2018 The Dan Patch American Legion Post is located on the site of St. James Lutheran Church when in Savage. For over 50 years the Dan Patch Post of the American Legion has served the veterans and public of Savage Minnesota and the local communities.
City of Savage 2019One of the sides of the Savage City Hall and Police Headquarters, also the home of the Chamber of Commerce.
Egan's picnic grounds - Hidden Valley ParkThe bridge over the Credit River at the Hidden Valley Park, initially known as the Egan's Picnic grounds. Photo 2020.
Antler's Park Dining RoomAntler's Park Dining Room 1940s. Photo compliments Lakeville Historical Society.
Camp Savage structure becomes a homeA Camp Savage home purchased for $500 by Art William's in 1948 and moved into town. Ted Noonan did the basement. 4739 Sibley Street was the address. Now that street is 125 Street.
1189 files on 40 page(s) 19