A powerful research tool for the serious or casual visitor.
Home > Neighboring Towns > Eagan, Mendota and Lilydale Minnesota

Starks when it was the Halfway House/Town TavernJanuary 6, 2010 Minneapolis Star Tribune features a history of Eagan as it celebrates its 150th anniversary. Shown is the Halfway House/Town Tavern now known as Starks.
State honors Lone Oak Tree 1976April 15, 1976 Dakota County Tribune

The Lone Oak tree has now officially been given the distinction of obtaining Heritage Tree status in MInnesota...
Nicols Station was important to development of the valley 1979July 18, 1979 the Burnsville Sun reflects on the history of Nicols Station, as the city council votes to change the name of what is presently Cedar Avenue, to Nicols Road. The story also recalls Jim Scott, who operated his store at Nicols as well as the Berrisford Store in Burnsville.
Joe Reid - Eagan Historical SocietyEagan historian and volunteer Joe Reid presents a history of Eagan one room schools - 2022.
St. Peters Catholic Mendota HistoryA seldom seen view of St. Peter's Catholic Church in Mendota. This is Minnesota's oldest Catholic parish and standing church.
St. Peters Catholic Mendota HistorySt. Peters Catholic Church is the oldest Church in Minnesota, located in Mendota priests from here served the pioneers of Burnsville and Eagan.
St. Peters Catholic Mendota The oldest standing church in MInnesota, St. Peter's in Mendota. From here early priests provided Religious services prior to Eagan Catholics and some areas of Burnsville before the establishment of St. John the Baptist.
St. Peters Catholic Mendota HistoryClose view of the historic marker outside Minnesota's oldest Catholic Church in Mendota.
Cedarvale Lanes1993 ad for Cedarvale Lanes' Buck Bowling...
Trinity Lone Oak ChurchSummer View of Trinity Lone Oak Lutheran Church.
Fitz's Bar and Grill1994 ad for Fitz's Bar and Grill, Beau D'Rue' Drive, near Cedarvale.
Surplus new and usedMay 29, 1991 Burnsville Current ad for Surplus New & Used located in the former Country Club Store, Eagan.
Su Su Long cafe open in CedarvaleJanuary 25, 1968 Dakota County Tribune:

Su Su Ling, a restaurant serving Chinese and American food, opened in the Cedarvale Shopping Center...
Tales paint picture of brand new township.This article includes interviews with long time family members of the DesLauriers, Diffley and Rahns.
Yankee Tavern was the Valley Lounge 2017Yankee Tavern front entry.
Yankee Tavern was the Valley Lounge 2017Close up of the exterior sign at the Yankee Tavern.
Cedarvale bowling alley 2017Mural on wall reminds bowlers of the opening date.
Jerry Lewis Movie TheatreThe opening of the Jerry Lewis Theatre at Cedarvale.
Then 2005 and Now 2023 - Then 2005 and Now 2023 - Nicols Road and Cedar Grove Parkway.
2005 photo compliments of Andrew Munsch.
New shops at Cedarvale 1967September 21, 1967 Dakota County Tribune:

Nine tenants will be occupying space in the new Cedarvale Shopping Center...
Airliner Motel Eagan removedProgress, Airliner Motel in Eagan becomes fire training for the Fire Department.
The Irish In EaganNewspaper article features pioneer Slater family of Eagan and Burnsville.
Lilydale School - village hallLilydale School.
Jerry Lewis CinemaOctober 1, 1971 Opening of the Jerry Lewis Theatre, Cedarvale.
Cedarvale 19701970 - Have you been to Cedarvale? Eagan's first major shopping mall.
Cedarvale Mall 19731973 ad in the MInneapolis Star Tribune identifies many of the businesses located in the newer section of Cedarvale.
Cedar GroveJuly 16, 1959 Robert Brand, St. Paul has been named sales manager of Cedar Groves Homes...
Nicols Depot Eagan to close 1964July 16, 1964 photo MInneapolis Star Tribune of the Nicols Station, Eagan, soon to close.

Nicols, a flag station was established in 1867 on the line of the Chicago, St. Paul, Minneapolis and Omaha Railway, in the northwest quarter of section 17, on land then owned by John Nichols.
The Big Slipper Cedarvale 1969June, 1969 ad for the Big Slipper, coming to Cedarvale.
Cedarvale MallJune, 1969 ad for Cedarvale, Eagan.
946 files on 32 page(s) 29