A powerful research tool for the serious or casual visitor.
Home > Early Families > Kennelly - Kennealy - Kenneally

1883_Kenneally_document.pdf
Thomas Kenneally 1883Patent from the State of Minnesota to Thomas Kenneally (Kennealy) 1883 for land in Eagan.
His grandfather was Thomas Kenneally #1 who came from Ireland with adult children around 1854. Thomas' #1 son Richard was this
Thomas #2 father. The land is now part of Lebanan Hills Park (Eagan portion).
1888walterand.jpg
Register of Deaths for 1888Register of Deaths for 1888 Burnsville (Mary Berrisford, William Rice, Anatola Thornton, Walter Kennelly, William McDermott)
1976_kennelly_farm.JPG
The shed at the Joe Kennelly farmBuilt by his parents Walter and Rose Kennelly, Joe Kennelly lived his entire life on the same farm. Shown is one of the sheds on the property.
2008_15_0005_BU_Walter2C_Rose_and_John_Kennelly_1944.jpg
John Kennelly serves W.W. IIJohn Kennelly (1905-1991) served in World War II, shown with parents Walter and Rose.
2011_03_0001_BU_Margaret_Corrigan_Kennelly_1940s_hanging_wash.jpg
Margaret Kennelly 1940sMargaret Kennelly, John's wife hanging clothes late 1940s.
2011_03_0005_BU_Walter_and_Sarah_Kennelly_farm_and_then_Michael_and_Mary_28Kennelly29_Dunn_farm_Highway_13_and_Cliff_Rd__1916.jpg
Walter and Sarah Kennelly farmFirst the home of Walter and Sarah Kennelly. Later their daughter Mary and husband Michael Dunn and then the home of Jim and Anna Connelly. Located on Highway 13 near Cliff Road on what is now Millpond Apartments.
2011_03_0009_BU_Dunn_and_Kennelly_family_picnic_at_Nicols_1914.jpg
Dunn Kennelly picnic The Mike Dunn and Kennelly families at a 1914 picnic near Nicols Station in Eagan. Mike's wife Mary was a Kennelly and they lived
on the farm at the corner of Cliff Road and Highway 13, last owned by Joe Connelly.
2011_03_0027_BU_Joe_Kennelly_farm_annual_pumpkin_sales_1977.jpg
Joe Kennelly's PumpkinsEach October Joe Kennelly's yard was filled with pumpkins and pumpkin people.
6922157_1477164621.jpg
Obit for Sarah Kennedy KennellyWidow of Walter Kennelly, mother of Thomas, Walter, John, Mary Dunn and Nora Nicholson.
77_9470_0217_BU_River_Hills_1977.jpg
Joe Kennelly farm 1977A different view of the Kennelly farm on Highway 13 in Burnsville
77_9470_0685_BU_Joe_Kennelly_Farm.jpg
Joe Kennelly's farm 1970sAfter retiring from dairy farming, Joe Kennelly's farm became known as Dakota County's First zoo. School children would visit to see the various deer, peacocks and birds. Also in October he sold pumpkins. The farm was located on the corner of Highway 13 and Cliff Road.
96_31_12_Pumpkin_Man_at_Joe_Kennelly_s_Pumpkin_Sales_1981.jpg
Joe Kennelly PumpkinsEach October Joe Kennelly's yard was filled with pumpkins and pumpkin people.
96_37_11_Pumpkin_Man_at_Joe_Kennelly_s_Pumpkin_Sales_1981.jpg
Joe Kennelly PumpkinsEach October Joe Kennelly's yard was filled with pumpkins and pumpkin people.
A_landmark_removed_Kennelly_farm.pdf
A Landmark (Kennelly farm) removed 1994This Week News - November 26, 1994 reports that the long standing Joe Kennelly farm was torn down. Joe's sister Rosella Ryan shares memories of the farm built by their parents Walter and Rose McCann Kennelly in 1905. The other children were Lillian Slater, Florence Kline, Loretta Kennelly and John Kennelly.
Back_View_of_Kennelly_farm.jpg
Walter and Rose Kennelly - later Joe Kennelly farmA back view of the Kennelly farm on Highway 13.
barn_on_kennelly_farm.jpg
Barn on Kennelly/Connelly farmFirst the Walter and Sarah Kennelly farm, then owned by Michael and Molly Dunn and later Jim and Anna Connelly, this old barn with square nails was torn down for apartments at the corner of Cliff Road and Highway 13.
BU_Kennelly_farm_highway_13.jpg
Joe Kennelly farm 1976This artist's painting of the Joe Kennelly farm appeared on the Burnsville Telephone Directory produced by the Burnsville Jaycees in 1976.
Casey_Kennelly_house_Cliff_and_Hwy13.jpg
Casey, Kennelly and Driscoll home Originally the Casey Home, then owned by John Kennelly and later Herb Driscoll, this house still stands on the corner of Hwy 13 and Cliff Road.
CCC_calendar_1988_kennelly_farm.jpg
Line drawing 1988 of the Joe Kennelly farmArtist Barb Starner created a series of Burnsville historic sites for the 1988 Cornerstone Copy calendar.
cellarredoneCopy.jpg
Playing pool 1962Ray Corrigan (left) and John Kennelly (right) play pool in the Kennelly's basement on County Road 11. Note Kennelly's first 1950's television.
chicken_coop.jpg
Joe Kennelly's farm If you sent any amount of time at Joe Kennelly's farm, you have memories of the chickens which provided eggs and "dinner".
circle_of_time_farm_story.pdf
The Water and later Joe Kennelly farmPhotos of the Kennelly farm as it may have looked in 1904 before being built, the home, the home and farm being torn down and the return to the look of 1904 in 1995.
Circle_of_time_Kennelly_farm.pdf
Circle of time photos of the Kennelly farmIt stood at the corner of Highway 13 and Cliff Road from 1905 - 1994. The photo sheet was designed to show how the land looked in 1904 when Walter Kennelly decided to build his farm on this spot, the family home, the home being removed and how the land looked the next day - identical to 1904.
cord11one.jpg
John and Margaret KennellyhomeIn 1959 Lakeville builder Jim McNearney constructed this home for John and Margaret Kennelly on Co. Rd. 11. After the property was re-zoned in 1968 the home was sold and moved by the company to another spot in Burnsville.
cornercliff.jpg
From site of Walter Kennelly Sr/ Michael Dunn/James Connelly farmThe farm stood on the southeast corner Cliff Road and Highway 13.
co_rd_11_house.jpg
Kennelly home County Road 11After selling the old farm house at Highway 13 and Cliff Road, John and Margaret Kennelly built a new home on County Road 11 in 1959. A decade later the city would rezone the property to commercial, they would sell their home and move to River Hills. The company that purchased the property (which became the site of the second Sullivan's Super Valu) moved the home to another location in Burnsville.
demolition_1.JPG
Joe Kennelly farm torn downFollowing the death of Joe Kennelly the farm was torn down in 1994, having been built in 1905 by his parents Walter and Rose Kennelly. Their children were Lillian Slater, Florence Kline, Loretta, John, Joe and Rosella Ryan.
demolition_4.JPG
Joe Kennelly farm being torn down 1994Following the death of Joe Kennelly the farm was torn down in 1994, having been built in 1905 by his parents Walter and Rose Kennelly. Their children were Lillian Slater, Florence Kline, Loretta, John, Joe and Rosella Ryan.
donebath_-_Copy.pdf
Self published boxing history by Jack KennellyBorn and raised in Burnville, Jack Kennelly began boxing in his mid 50's and became a sanctioned Golden Gloves Master boxer with five fight and two victories. This self published book is written after his 10th anniversary of walking into the UPPERCUT GYM in Minneapolis, never expecting to enter the ring.
eagles_ridge_0049.JPG
Eagle's Ridge housing 2017The site of the Walter and Rose/ Joe Kennelly farm has been developed into multiple housing units.
162 files on 6 page(s) 1